Friday, November 6, 2009

The Recurring Marriage Nightmare

A couple nights ago i had my recurring marriage nightmare. Its always a different totally random person I know that I'm about to marry. This time it was a boy from one of my old wards. I had been planning this wedding for a while. It felt so real. It was the day of my wedding and I realized exactly what was about to happen. I was about to commit to spend not only the rest of my life with this one person, but ETERNITY. Apparently I hadn't even considered the "for the rest of my life" part, because when i thought about that i kinda freaked out. when the "eternity" part hit my brain, oh boy was i worried. I didn't even like this person in a boy-girl sorta liking way. i was really concerned because i had spent all this time planning my wedding and now how could i just say "sorry charlie [not his name haha] i don't think so?" but i couldnt just marry someone. its kind of a big deal! sheesh it was stressful.

Anyhow, i thought to myself, "this is just like my horrible marriage nightmares coming true!" That must have made me realize i was dreaming because thats where the dream ended. THANK HEAVENS.

Oh. I just realized I never have actually had to deal with telling everyone that the wedding was off. Maybe my brain cant handle that. I do worry about having to tell everyone but the dream either ends or the story shifts before I have to deal with that. Hmmm looks like I've lucked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment